The building opened its doors in 1932 and is inseparably connected with the history of Amsterdam North. The ‘Zonnehuis’ was built for the community life of-particularly-inhabitants of the Garden village Oostzaan. It was built from the philosophy that a thriving voluntary sector is important for the education of the working class. In 1993 it was narrowly saved from the demolition site. Later, in 2002, it came in possession of urban regeneration. The super interiors were still mostly authentic, but casco was in a State of decay. Meanwhile, the national monument in its full glory and all kinds of activities.
The maximum number of seats in the main hall is 450 theatre style. This includes the 450 seats 50 seats on the balcony. The maximum number of seats in the Blue Room theatre style is 100.
For more information about the ‘Zonnehuis’ click here.
NH Catering & Events voor:
- Providing catering from A-Z for every budget
- Delivery of catering and accessories
- High-quality catering, with an eye for detail
- Regional, seasonal dishes that are pure and purely delicious
- Catering in the area of Amsterdam